Friday, May 4, 2012

Vinegar Orange Peel Cleaner: Green Cleaner

Green Cleaner!


I noticed several Orange Peel Cleaner displays on Pinterest, and wanted to try it myself. I had pickle jars saved for future sprouting projects but decided to use them for my orange cleaner project.

  • I collected various orange peels for my pickle jars.
  • Added white distilled vinegar and capped my jars.
  • Labeled the completion dates 10-14 days out.
  • Strained and contained!
  • Voila! You have your cleaner! 

Orange pickling...I say!

Label the dates

Final Product...it doesn't hurt to dilute this with water!


Review:
I attempted to clean my stove top with the undiluted version of my orange peel cleaner.  The first thing I noticed was the smell. Yes, I forgot to dilute this cleaner.  I added more sweet orange essential oil, which barely masked the smell.   I tried it again on my counter tops.  Overall, it's another vinegar cleaner with a slightly better smell and more slippery texture.





Results:  
It works.  Please dilute this cleaner with a 2:1 ratio of cleaner to water.  I'll use it until it's gone, and try it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment