Monday, September 26, 2011

The Chew is a hit! Meet Chocolate Mint - Carla Hall


After clocking thousands of hours on the Food Channel, I had my doubts about another cooking show, especially on major network television .   I was also a bitter All My Children fan, who resisted change.  But, after watching The Chew, I was impressed by the possibilities it presented for overworked and financially stretched families in need of healthy, home-cooked meals.

My aim to incorporate healthy quick meals into my life has been a bumpy ride.  I felt the need to master  frugal shopping and preparing complex meals.  It was too time-consuming and too systematic to find local farmer's markets or sales cycles in grocery stores.  The Chew fills a niche of bringing realistic, healthy, cheaper meals to my life until I master edible gardening and all of my other plans.

Carla Hall's Fried Apple Pancake Rings


I've fallen in love with chocolate mint chef, Carla Hall, who presented her family's recipe of granny smith apple pancake rings, which were topped with condensed cider as syrup!  The recipe follows two simple steps of dipping sliced apples into pancake mix and frying.  There's no need for planning or creativity, and it's a healthy snack for kids!  Also, the meal is one dollar per serving!  That's the way healthy eating should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment